Saturday, June 20, 2009

30-Day Shred: Day 1 (Calendar Day 1)

I started Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred. The workout is made up of three 6-minute circuits. Each circuit includes 3 minutes of strength exercises, 2 minutes of cardiovascular exercises, and 1 minute of abdominal exercises. There are three ladies demonstrating the exercises. They include high intensity exercises for seasoned exercisers and low intensity/modified exercises for beginners. I used 2.5 pound weights and did the low intensity/modified exercises. Doing it this way, I was able to get through the whole video. I wouldn't say it was easy, but it wasn't impossible either. My quadriceps ached badly during the lunges, even doing the modified version.

I waited until my baby (nearly 2 years old) took his nap to start the workout, but of course he woke up and screamed his way through most of it. It was very difficult to stay focused on the exercises while simultaneously trying to avoid bashing him with the hand weights.

By the end, I was drenched in sweat, my face was beet red, and my arms and legs were shaking, so I guess it was a pretty intense workout for me.

No comments: