Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Checking In

It feels like it's been days since I last Shredded, but I only skipped one day. Yesterday we went on a 'hike' to a waterfall, but it was a nearly level trail, so it was more of a saunter/walk.

Anyway, today is Shred day 12, calendar day 19. Today's Level 2 workout was so much easier than Monday's. Kind of. The difference may have been that I'd only had 5 hours sleep before Monday's workout. Also, today I did some of the modified lunges from the beginning, knowing that otherwise I'd die at the end. I thought that by the end of Level 1, I was the cardio master. But the Level 2 cardio exercises really do me in! Today I felt a lot more interested in taking on the challenge and beating the DVD!

As for food:
yesterday:
peanut butter/honey sandwich
tortilla + squash/chickpea salad
a tiny bit of trail mix (almonds + raisins + M&Ms)
single scoop of Baskin Robbins ice cream
rotisserie chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad

For me, that was actually a VERY good sugar day. The trail mix had maybe 5-10 M&Ms in it, and usually I prefer eating a huge bowl of ice cream, not a single scoop :-)

today:
3 cups green smoothie
squash + chickpea salad
2 tortillas
small apple
3/4 Kit Kat
a bunch of rotisserie chicken
3-4 bites of ice cream

No comments: